Thread: How do you wire a Power Extender for a Rumble Motor?

Question How do you wire a Power Extender for a Rumble Motor?

Hello All,

How do you wire this Power Extender:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Po...r-20-P652.aspx

For a rumble motor? I'm using a Prizm V4 sound module.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pr...e-V4-P990.aspx

From what I know,The prizm v4 has a built in power extender.You don't need another.

Good to know. I recall Tim mentioning that I needed one, but maybe I was mistaken. Thoughts?

Actually, I pulled up a conversation with Plecter Labs and he said this:

it won't work as there's not enough power on the pad itself, however you can use a power extender to use the pad as a remote, and put the load on the output of the PEx. The remote control pad is taken on the Accent LED output.

My reply: Here's the diagram. Is this correct? Where would the purple wire go on the PRIZM V4 card?

His reply: Accent Pad.

Here is the diagram I came up with. I'm open to any other input and suggestions from all.

PRIZM V4 RUMBLE MOTOR WIRING.jpg

I am sorry for misleading you.I personally have no experience wiring power extenders, because I don't have a rumble motor on my saber.Perhaps someone with more experience with it will help you more.

No worries. I'll probably go with this solution as it is from the guy who made the board.

I am waiting to hear from Plecter Labs, but in the mean time, Any feedback is welcome. I was wondering how to handle the wiring for the Power Extender to Rumble Motor. Do I bridge the resistor footprint on the Accent LED Pad and put the resistor on the footprint of the Power Extender, or do I put a resistor on both foot prints? (see attached)PRIZM V4 RUMBLE MOTOR OPTION 1.jpgPRIZM V4 RUMBLE MOTOR OPTION 2.jpg

When do you want your saber to rumble? All the time? In a sequence? I'm no expert on Prizms, but wouldn't this make the rumble be controlled by your accent led sequence? I would think that rumbling on flash on clash or lock up or something like that would be more like the behavior of a video game.

I honestly think it's on the power extender.In my though it wouldn't make sense to do both.