Thread: Brass crystal chamber parts

Default Brass crystal chamber parts

What kind of metal parts that you get at the hardware store do you need for making a epic crystal chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by alcadude View Post
    What kind of metal parts that you get at the hardware store do you need for making a epic crystal chamber?
    Whatever you find that catches your eye. It's really a found art project and very subjective. Mostly start at the faucet and plumbing isle and go from there. Also check out electronics buy-n-sell and salvage stores, as well as metal scrappers.

Just start searching around and keeping an eye out for elements you might use. It can be a couple of days collecting to a couple of years from what some smiths have said on their build logs.

yeah.. there are no 'rules' (per se`)

As long as its functional inside the hilt, (ie: fits) you can run wires past it (if desired) and is secured somehow.. visually anything goes.

computer hard drives
    toys
    watch parts/gears
    washers, spacers
    printer parts
    ..etc...etc..

dig in.. and find what looks good to you.

xl97 covered it the best...anything go's...(as long as it can fit in the body of your saber). Everywhere i go i am looking at things(no matter what store i'm in) i think.."how can this be used in or on my Lightsaber".

Thanks for the help.I will go to Home Depot and find some parts.

Check out the local craft and art stores too. You can look for places that seek k&s metal products.