Thread: NBv3 Won't Turn Off

Default NBv3 Won't Turn Off

Not sure if this is the right section so admin, please move to correct section if necessary.

So my situation: I've rewired my saber due to horrible wire-work (my first time). Everything this time is much neater and stronger. Everything works when turning on. I just CAN'T turn it off. The only way I can shut down the saber is by inserting the kill key.

I haven't done anything with the SD card so if there are options to setup APOP, I didn't change anything (it previously worked fine). I'm looking over the wiring and everything seems fine. Any idea on what's going on and how to fix it? My last resort is to desolder everything and start over but I'm hoping to avoid that before exhausting all other better options possible.

I had the same problem before so I would guess you've bridged two terminals when soldering the board. It can be hard to spot as they are very close together. If you have a magnifying glass, give your joints a look over.

Thanks! Could it be any of the pads? Or is it likely the ACT and either the sound or LED(-) pad? I'm guessing the latter as it's specifically related to the activations switch function.

Most likely between ACT and LED- but a close inspection of all soldering to the board would be wise. If in doubt, it's best to desolder the board, clean up the pads and re-solder.

Did you find the cause, i have the same issue.

I didnt have time to discon'ect my switch and make the contact manually to see if the problem came from the switch or not.
    I will try it tonight.

Are you holding the button to power down? Just making sure, because I've let people play with mine ask "how do I turn it off" almost as often as not.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf69 View Post
    Did you find the cause, i have the same issue.

I didnt have time to discon'ect my switch and make the contact manually to see if the problem came from the switch or not.
    I will try it tonight.
    You don't need to disconnect your switch, use a piece of wire to bridge the terminals and bypass the switch. That said, it's probably not your switch.

So i disconnect my switch and my speaker as i ve read post about the problem could come from these
    And yes it did, i dont really from where exactly but i resolder and its working
    I think i could be from the amout of pressire on the switch itself (solders)

Having the same issue with my first saber build. I've been looking all over the forum for any advice on how to resolve the issue and this thread appears to offer some sound troubleshooting advice. I've likewise completely re-wired my saber to rule out any shorts with the hilt. If I disconnect main LED's the switch will turn on and off the board like normal. When I plug in my main LED's, the problem shows up.