Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Old Republic Style Saber.

That may not be finished yet, I don't have this in hand its still in Do-Clo's lab.

But even still he's spent a week machining this for me and I wanted to make sure I gave him credit, his skills are progressing
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

Very nice, indeed! I especially like the brass(?) "switch plate." Are the holes in the pommel possibly going to become speaker vents?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thats the plan, because the saber will have sound.

Since it was a sinkpipe tube that was used as an overlay there is a very good chance its brass. I'm still waiting on confimation on that. I think the brass will look great with an amber blade.

I'm sure it will look very good with an amber led....a brass thumb screw would probably look good on it, too.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

No thumbscrews on this bad boy. I think having one there would ruin the look of the emitter. Instead I'm going to use a low profile set screw. Its harder to add/remove the blade but I won't sacrifice the lines of the saber for that.

Thanks guys the holes in the pommel are speaker vents, the inside of the pommel is hollow to allow room for the speaker. This saber has been interesting but I am very happy with the way it looks. I may not want to give this one up
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Ryma Mara

I really like the way it turned out, But what I would do is insteadof polishing it or powercoading it I would do what(I forget there name at the moment) but they used steal wool on it. it made it smooth but gave it that gunmetal color. I think that would look sweet as hell.

thats really nice, good work to Do-Clo.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

great work on that one Do
    you must be very proud and i'm sure that yoi will love it
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!