Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old Republic Style Saber.

Default Old Republic Style Saber.

This is my attempt at an Old Republic style hilt. Hopefully I can find someone to machine it (I asked Tim already still waiting on a response). This would have quick change to switch between a white 3w and an amber 3w. One inch thin walled blade and Corbin's film. Powdercoated areas with 3 working LED's and a slider switch. Inspired by seeing Rob-wan Deattrod's costumes in the costumes section. I wanted something that looks more prequel-ish and earlier.

A possible color scheme: (Warning very poor ms paint coloring skills)

'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I wander how it would look with brass accents. cool design though.

BLUE 3- Ready

I was thinking about that but brass would be way to expensive to add to the design. I'm not looking for an mhs style where a brass overlay would work I want a high quality solid machined piece.

While price is ultimately going to be an issue, I want as high quality that I can get while ommitting the things that probably wouldn't be on a saber of this era. Mace is really the only jedi to have major bling on his saber and I think that the simpler method is more what I'm going for.

Feel free to take the uncolored image and add a color scheme you like to it. I have a bunch floating in my head but the design is firm.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

it would look horrible if i tried anything with paint shop or any other program. this one here is simple enough. if Tim doesn't want to do-clo is now making his own.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

that looks like it could make a really cool looking hilt. i agree with the brass accents maybe on the thin part of the neck. do you have preference for what color? that is probably the first step so that you can base all the coloring on the hilt to match the blade
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Probly not what you'r going for, but I think it looks cool. Been wanting to do a trooper type saber for a while though...

BTW how much does powder coating cost for something saber sized?
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Good ideas so far guys! I'm going for an amber blade and a white blade so the combination of blue and yellow/gold appeals to me. Keep up the good suggestions!

EDIT: I won't advertise who I would powercoat it through since in a way he competes with TCSS. PM me.

Here are a few more color schemes... I'm really a fan of the brass/gold color and I like the blue as well but I'm thinking thats far from the original idea. Less color might work best which is why I like this first one the most. With an amber blade I think it would work well.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

cool designs yoi
    i like the top one the best but i like the center one's switch box. if you were to put those two together i think it would look super cool
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Thanks to lord Do-Clo this saber is going to become a reality

It will contain when all is said and done, a 3watt amber LED, Erv's buttered toast with luke ROTJ custom sound set, and if I can fit it a li-ion battery pack. Much like firebird's awesome saber this may take me many months to complete but it should be well worth it. It will also be powdercoated like my first design in the post above. The black/yellowish combination though I might take out the black grip and just make the led/switch plate black.