Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is That Copper I See

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Is That Copper I See

Copper is a really beautiful metal and in my opinion can add a lot of character to a build. All of my builds have had at least one copper element incorporated. But sometimes it's hard to find something in copper that suits your needs. Here are a few items of varying materials that I have coppered, which I think opens up a lot of options.

Electric Razor Screen

Polycarbonate

1.5" 22 gauge brass pipe
    I'm particularly excited by this because I've found it hard to find a suitable solution for copper sleeve material. As you may know, this material fits perfectly over MHS parts. Now, I can have it in copper!!! Oh the possibilities.

MHS Shroud Material
    Still in experiment phase with this. Not an easy process with aluminum and may prove futile.

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Interesting. Nice bit of R&D. You're right about the possibilities DC, now I'm thinking of things to copper.

Yes indeed....my main Lightsaber will have copper on...in...well everywhere! (Once I can afford to buy the MHS parts that is.... oh well....need to find a better pay'in job)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Dude, you should leave that blotchy MHS outside and see how it oxidizes. Aluminium with oxidized copper highlights sounds like some pretty bee-aye weathering if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Copper is a really beautiful metal and in my opinion can add a lot of character to a build. All of my builds have had at least one copper element incorporated. But sometimes it's hard to find something in copper that suits your needs. Here are a few items of varying materials that I have coppered, which I think opens up a lot of options.

Electric Razor Screen

Polycarbonate

1.5" 22 gauge brass pipe
    I'm particularly excited by this because I've found it hard to find a suitable solution for copper sleeve material. As you may know, this material fits perfectly over MHS parts. Now, I can have it in copper!!! Oh the possibilities.

MHS Shroud Material
    Still in experiment phase with this. Not an easy process with aluminum and may prove futile.

Chech PM,

I am also experimenting with an electralisis method of pulling the copper to the surface of the brass.

MHS Shroud Material

I really love the way this looks. This is my favorite piece of the lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Dude, you should leave that blotchy MHS outside and see how it oxidizes. Aluminium with oxidized copper highlights sounds like some pretty bee-aye weathering if you ask me.
    I can't really leave it outside here in the city, but I do have oxidizing solution that will do the job in 20 mins. I'll give a shot and see.

I can't really leave it outside here in the city, but I do have oxidizing solution that will do the job in 20 mins. I'll give a shot and see.
    Isn't that why we have fire escapes? ;D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Isn't that why we have fire escapes? ;D
    Street level

Street level
    Ahh, too bad. I'm a big fan of the second floor for privacy and use of the fire escape!