So I have this replica Graflex which was supposed to be for display only.
Last few months I got interested in making this into a functional machine with sound & light.
Have been reading a lot on the forums and tried to find out what I want and what is possible.

Since desirable sound boards seem to be out of stock all the time (by high demand or low production numbers ?) and install of electronics will have to wait for some time I am looking ahead for other problems that will occur.

For now I am looking at the switches. I want the red button on top to be the on/off switch and the circuit board to be an aux switch.
Questions are :

--Can I construct the red button as on/off switch in some way that I can still unscrew the top half of the Graflex body ?
If I would connect the switch to the inner body I can not slide the outer body over the switch. And if I connect it to the outer body I can screw it off but would have a problem with the wires connected to the chassis...

--Is a momentary switch the only way to make a circuit board function ?
The board has gold connectors on top and a few on the back (which seem not to be connected as I tested). But I guess it is for the looks only or is there another way to power it "just like the movies" ?

Thank you for your answers.
If there is a discussion of this subject please direct me to it.
Sorry if I choose the wrong words when I try to explain what I mean but English is not my native language.