Thread: Recommended parts for this saber

Default Recommended parts for this saber

I'm pretty new to the whole lightsaber making hobby, and I'd like to find out which parts (inside the hilt) I would have to use to make a lightsaber from scratch with the following features:
    - very bright
    - effects like pulse, flash on clash, blade activation and retraction effect.
    - sound effects that work at the same time as the led effects
    - green colour
    - doesn't require a monetary switch (just a normal on/off switch you would find on a Hasbro fx lightsaber)
    I'm basically just trying to make a more advanced version of a normal Hasbro fx lightsaber, but I don't want to convert one as I would like to build my very own from scratch. Your feed back and replies will be much appreciated.
    Thank you

What is your issue with a momentary switch? Most sound boards require them.

The switch on the hasbro is a momentary, the soundboard like most just use it as the signal to turn on/off.

You will need the hilt pieces, led, lense, heatsink, battery, sound card (either a modified hasbro or other sold in the store) 28 gauge wire...basically got to go to YouTube and watch all of Genisis Sabers and TCSS videos before you do anything... If you want an actual scrolling up and down effect you will need a string blade, so look into that build technique and requirements before you get heart set on it.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 09-04-2016 at 06:46 PM.

I'd suggest starting here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ene-Start-Here

You'll need to do plenty of reading. Read all the pertinent tutorials there then visit the attached store and pick out a sound board based on the features you want: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sound-C51.aspx

Then download and read the owner's manual for that board (found on the product page in the store).

You'll probably have a hundred questions at that point. Come back to the forum and use the search tool to find the answers to your questions because chances are they've been asked before.

If you still have questions after that, open a thread under the appropriate topic.

Happy sabering!