Thread: First PVC LightSaber

Default First PVC LightSaber

Hi guys! This is My very first pvc lightsaber. The design is very minimal but i had some trouble to find the right materials. The body is a sink for electrical wire, I put inside of it a little sink with 1" inside diameter for the blade and the led holder. For the led holder i use a copper plug. The battery is a 3.7 volt and the led is a cheap from a lot of ten pieces. I know the switch is not lined-up with the screws and the body is very simple but for the first time I'm satisfied. I hope to improve my skills with the next saber.

PS. Sorry for the english :P

IMG_20160904_141828.jpg

IMG_20160904_142017.jpg

Looks like a great start! Electronics are the hard part, so now you get to play with different styles.

its a nice first saber. Have you thought of adding a shroud to it?

If you had not pointed the screw and switch not lining up I would not have known. Don't be hard on yourself. While it may look easy to some, every one (at least most every one) who has built sabers knows it takes experience with this kind of work. I like the simple nature of your build. So far, pvc is the only medium I have made hits out of. I find it cheap and easy to work with. Are you planning on painting it or just leaving it as is?

For the shroud work i need to find a sink with right diameter but, i hope that i can find it soon. For the painting is on my intention but i don't know how to do it or what paint i have to use.

I've found that the Krylon Fusion for Plastic spraypaint works well on PVC. I usually wipe down the parts with a little acetone first, let it dry completely, and then paint them. Acetone will melt PVC if you leave it on too long, so be sure to wipe it off as well as you can.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

sweeeeeeeet