Thread: Purple LED shining red...?

Default Purple LED shining red...?

If I have a fully charged battery can anyone else tell me their thoughts on why a purple LED would be shining red? It's wired to a nano biscotti...could it be that I need a higher volt battery..?

How is it wired? What resistor values do you have for your red and blue LEDs? Which LEDs are you using? Is the FOC wired to another LED?

If you put in calculated values for the minimum resistor values you may find red to strongly over power the blue, especially if you used a calculator that padded the blue LED to a far higher value than it actually needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ely Vader View Post
    If I have a fully charged battery can anyone else tell me their thoughts on why a purple LED would be shining red? It's wired to a nano biscotti...could it be that I need a higher volt battery..?
    By purple what do you mean? I assume you mean a mixed red/blue main. Did you build it or is it a purchased competitor? The red will need to be heavily resistored or the blade will look pinkish or bright magenta.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 09-03-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Pictures is always a big help.... 1. It prevents a lot of unneeded questions. 2. It will help the members to figure out what you did wrong...or just overlooked. For example a new member couldn't figure out what was wrong with his saber...it just wouldn't turn on, and he has been fighting with it for hours....till he posted a picture of his wiring---he had wires crossed on a JST connector that he overlooked that a member saw in the picture and brought it to his attention.