Thread: AV switch led help

Default AV switch led help

Auuggggh! Can someone please tell me where the pos and neg wires go for an av switch led? Using an NB v3 and have watched multiple videos and poured through the forum with no definitive concrete answers. Please, obi wan kenobi, your my only hope!!

There are several options that are detailed in the NB manual. The manual is linked in the shop.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

The reason there are no "concrete" answers is because it depends what behavior you want the switch LED to have?

Do you want it always-on? - Wiring diagram in the manual for this, use the accent LED pad
    Do you want it on when the saber is "active" (aka not in deep sleep mode)? Wiring diagram in the manual for this, use the deep sleep pad
    Do you want it to mirror the blade? - wire it parallel to the main LED
    Do you want it to be on when the blade is, but not exactly mirror it, but still flicker? - wire it off the speaker pads

there are so many options its hard to give 1 exact way to wire it. Though the two probably most common are in the manual

The manual shows the switch wires themselves, but not the switch leads. I just want it to turn on and off with the switch. It dosen't show where to place the pos and neg leads themselves.

Page 13 of the manual shows you how to wire up the led in the switch. It is no different than wiring a simple power indicator led which is either on all the time, or off with the deep sleep mode. The other way to have the led come on when the saber is active and off while powered down is to wire the switch led in parallel with the main blade led using the appropriate resistor.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Cire, if wiring it off the speaker pads, would the LED leads on the AV switch be wired to each speaker pad? Or would one end go to a speaker pad, and the other go to the main Batt(+)?

I imagine both would go to the speaker pads as it's easier than trying to figure out which of the speaker pads is (-)... Just want to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by fdesa12 View Post
    Cire, if wiring it off the speaker pads, would the LED leads on the AV switch be wired to each speaker pad? Or would one end go to a speaker pad, and the other go to the main Batt(+)?

I imagine both would go to the speaker pads as it's easier than trying to figure out which of the speaker pads is (-)... Just want to verify.
    Both to the speaker pads.