Thread: 18650 + CFv8 board - fit question

Default 18650 + CFv8 board - fit question

Hey, all.
    I'm wondering if it's possible to fit an 18650 battery and a Crystal Focus v8 board lying next to each other inside the hilt. When I spec it out with a drawing program, I'm seeing that the edges of the CF board don't quite fit, which I find vaguely baffling: surely, I can't be the first person to try to save space this way.

Or maybe it's worse than that, because all the wires going to the board would have a ludicrously small amount of space to get shoved into.

Thanks in advance for any help

Blog Entries

Have you looked at the chassis disks sold in the store? That should give you a pretty good idea of how people generally arrange the board and battery.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Indeed, and there weren't any for this configure, so I figured I'd design one myself. Now I'm wondering if I've independently realized why there aren't any, so I'm seeking confirmation.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I believe CF has the same width as the PC, so this would fit it fine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    I believe CF has the same width as the PC, so this would fit it fine
    ^^This
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

oh brilliant, thank you! I wonder where I went wrong:

ID: 1.25"
    18650 battery diameter: 19mm
    CF cross section: 0.93" x 0.30"

When I try to fit a 9mm diameter circle and a 0.93" x 0.30" rectangle inside a 1.25" diameter circle, it doesn't quite fit. I guess because the board isn't a solid rectangle, so therefore the chassis parts just slip on the ends?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Thanamira View Post
    I guess because the board isn't a solid rectangle, so therefore the chassis parts just slip on the ends?
    ^^This

Maybe I should make a new thread, but I have a followup question: is it possible to fit an 18650, a momentary switch, and a recharge port into the cross section of the pommel? I'm making a staff, so the idea would be that I'd unscrew the two halves to have access to the switch and port. (It's rare that I'd want the switch functionality.)

My diagrams say it's barely possible, so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm/deny.