Thread: ***** Plug-and-Play Electronics w/ MHS V1?

Default ***** Plug-and-Play Electronics w/ MHS V1?

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anybody has experimented with the ****** Plug-and-Play system and used it for their MHS sabers? If so, would you recommend it? Would all of the electronics fit into the saber?

Thanks in advance!

Also hello, hi, old member here back from the dead! The last time I logged into this thing was literally 8 years ago
    Been looking at my uncompleted saber and thought it was now time to resurrect it.

Good to be back Missed this!

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

We try not to discuss competitor's products on Tim's forums these days, but I doubt any of their stuff is "plug and play" with what TCSS offers. Look in the store , there's a lot of new electronics in the store that are likely far better than what that manufacturer offers.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    We try not to discuss competitor's products on Tim's forums these days, but I doubt any of their stuff is "plug and play" with what TCSS offers. Look in the store , there's a lot of new electronics in the store that are likely far better than what that manufacturer offers.
    ^^^^^ 100%
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

In theory, the parts would "fit" somewhat ok. The LED module will not fit without a set screw, and the ID of their hilts are around 1.1" instead of ~1.25" like MHS parts usually are, so the sound stuff will not fit properly either. Just go MHS, you'll feel more accomplished for building something for yourself. On top of that, you'll know that it's done right! And if it isn't to your satisfaction, you can take it apart and build it again! Such is the joy of learning

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks guys!

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

Oh, and welcome back!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by IINerfII View Post
    And if it isn't to your satisfaction, you can take it apart and build it again!
    I think this is a most sage piece of advice, and one that I needed to hear. I keep redesigning things before I even get started, but what I need to be doing is instead building with what I already have gathered. After I have enjoyed that saber for a time, and I have some practice at this whole thing, I can upgrade from there. I'm only on my first build for crying out loud! It's hard to resist trying to make something perfect, but I think I need to make something first; my current plans are for a saber I think I will be very proud of. Let's do this thing.

I don't mean to pull the thread in a different direction, but I wanted to express those thoughts. Thank you.