Thread: Merciless - A clawed Sith saber

Default Merciless - A clawed Sith saber

Hi all.
    Just completed a new Sith saber, thought I'd share it. This is all MHS underneath, except the pommel cap which I'll get to.
    On the outside of that are several shroud pieces, and a collar for the emitter all cut with my dremel. These have been etched, two with designs ( Sith and First Order ) and the others just etched bare.
    The etching was reverse, so the design was left clean and still polished, and lightly weathered around them.

The emitter was milled out for the windows, and for the flats that the claws sit in. Yeah you might recognize the claws. A friend of mine bought them, and didn't use them. So don't judge me on that lol, just wanted something that looked cool. The cutting of the shroud parts, and drilling and tapping and etching took forever, glad it's over but I'm happy with it.

Also if you've never used a PLI before, it gives incredible resonance to the hilt. Super super loud.

Specs:
    MHS body and pommel
    custom milled emitter
    MHS shroud material cut and etched
    JQ sabers Imperial ring switch
    Tri-cree RRW
    NB3
    bass speaker
    recharge port
    PLI ( first time I've used one, so cool )
    the pommel cap is a part from a hard drive, and the mesh is from a plumbing part
    Here goes

Thanks for looking!
    -Darkmatter73

I like the "reverse" etching. Nice job.

Killer work!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Beautiful saber.

Good looking saber brother. /thumbs up

Very cool. The small shroud pieces are nice and have a look of coming from a found object and being repurposed to complete the saber. I don't usually get to excited about claws, but I'd say your goal of something that looks cool was achieved, they finish of the design nicely and give it a just mean enough look that there is no mistaking this saber for anything but the weapon of a Sith. One last thing I freaking love the exposed tiny wire loom pieces.

Thanks very much everyone!
    Yes normally I don't go for clawed sabers either, but the opportunity came up, so what the heck.
    The "hoses" are just expansion springs painted silver, and put into an 8/32 hole i drilled, and JB welded from the inside.

I've looked back over the last half dozen or so sabers I've done, and noticed I do tend to make them look repaired.
    I don't know why, just suits my eye i guess
    Thanks again for looking.
    Darkmatter73

I would have never guessed that those "hoses" were in fact springs. I looked at the up close pics and thought you used some all-thread and a tube binder or maybe re-purposed small engine fuel line.