Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New here need help with resistor parts

And home many and with one, 5omh and 2.7omh while that do the trick.
    Do I need one or two for the blue and green
    Last edited by Blackscorpio; 08-27-2016 at 06:45 AM.

I did some copulation (I hope) green for Foc 1.2ohm 3w royal blue 1.50 5w and red 1.2omh 3w how much higher must the red resistor are to get purple

From my experience,10-20ohm, maybe more if you want a bluer purple. you can use a potentiometer to adjust the color, measure with a multimeter to find the value and match it to the closest available resistor.

10 too 20 ohm so much? , I am good with 1.2 ohm for royal blue and 1.5 ohm for green ?
    Last edited by Blackscorpio; 08-28-2016 at 05:09 AM.

Finding your exact color will depend on your personal preference, the inherent variation in the LEDs and resistors, and your blade setup. The red will overpower the other colors, you really need to experiment to find the color you are looking for. These are the values I got with components I have.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Finding your exact color will depend on your personal preference, the inherent variation in the LEDs and resistors, and your blade setup. The red will overpower the other colors, you really need to experiment to find the color you are looking for. These are the values I got with components I have.
    Is Watts important or is it just ohms that is important? And how do you know if you don't resistant enough?

Yes, watts are important. If you use a wattage that is too low for your application, it may melt and damage your wiring. You will know if you haven't used enough resistance if your color has too much of one of the led colors, such as red mixed into the blade. More resistance=dimmer led, less of that color in your final mixed blade color.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

how to you calculate the watt ?

thanks