Thread: MHS Luke and Obi-wan

Default MHS Luke and Obi-wan

Working on Luke and Obi inspired MHS stunt sabers and I had a couple of questions. First, how durable is the choke? and how comfortable is it for dueling? I wanted these for more heavy dueling, I have more screen accurate hilts that I just keep for show.

Also, while I know I can fit the basic components of a stunt saber in there, would it be possible for me to upgrade to sound at a later date? Just want to know if I will be able to fit everything in there.

Parts
    MPS pommel v2 x2
    4 inch double female extension x2
    activation box 6 x2
    ribbed choke combo
    ribbed/ grooved choke combo
    blade holder 5
    blade holder 8
    Fortune favors the bold!

Damn the Torpedoes, full speed ahead!

This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

You shouldn't have any issues with space when you decide to upgrade that saber with sound.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Sweet, thanks. Also what's the best way to paint the grip on the Luke? I read a tutorial for spray painting and baking on the forum, so I was planning on doing that. Would it be best to wrap tape over the chrome parts of the grip, and then spray paint it black?
    Fortune favors the bold!

This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

If youre happy to mask each individual grip, that would work. Alternatively, you can paint the whole piece then sand off the unwanted part on the grip, leaving the grooves painted. The second method may be easier if you can turn the piece in a lathe or drill but may require more effort to bring back the 'polished' look of the grips. I think it would also be possible to use meths or 'white spirit' to remove unwanted paint (before baking) if sanding seems a bit harsh.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. I might try the "White Spirit" out. No lathe, but If nothing else works I'll see if I can use my drill.
    Fortune favors the bold!