Hey all! Please be kind as this is my first entry to the forums (sorry if this isn't the right particular forum for this topic...) as well as my first stab at doing my own saber. And as my luck would be, I'm going after a full-custom conversion of an older Master Replicas hilt.

So when I got my hands on this thing, everything generally worked stock. But as you all know, the stock purple blade is just laughable, and I wanted something that would be battle ready. Initially, I just went the route of a Tri Cree LED conversion, only installing TCSS's Mace blade holder and the LED. Well, not knowing anything about resistors and how red dyes can demand more power than necessary, I fried my battery pack. So considering that the old 6AA battery packs are very hard to come by, I've decided to go full custom on the sucker. From the video tutorials that TCSS have posted online, it seems to be a fairly straightforward process; I actually plan on following this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpUSCsXXhk) pretty much to a T. The only thing that's come to my attention is the fact that a Nano Biscotte v3 requires a momentary switch, and from what I understand, the stock MR switch is a latching switch. What kind of options do I have from here? I'd like to keep the hilt's aesthetics pretty much intact, but if I have to make a spot for a new switch altogether, then that will be that. Also, if anyone else has done a custom build similar to what I'm planning, I'd love to see!