Thread: TFA slight weathering - my second Graflex 2.0

Default TFA slight weathering - my second Graflex 2.0

Hey everyone. Today I started my second build. It is to be the TFA version of Luke's saber. Just started to do a little weathering,, I think I did a little more than what actually is screen accurate... but I want to share the pics.. any advice/comments are welcome.. thanks.

Wanted to get a little burning effect/possible carbon scoring around the emitter area..

and just a little grime collecting in the crevices and scratches,,,

I realize this may be a little more weathered than from the TFA screenshots. but I think it looks cool.. Still don't know what I am going to do on the grips yet...

Oh that is nice, the scorched emitter just seems so right when weathering. Good job dude.

Thanks Greenie. This saber building is quite an addiction, lol. Thanks for your responses to my questions and thanks for your support. I'll keep posting pics. It will be slow though, I usually only have time on the weekends to work on it. I already have most of my parts ordered, so maybe this will be done in 4 to 6 weeks.

YES!! Screen accurate or not, emitters would TOTALLY be scorched by a plasma blade contained by a magnetic field!! LOL.
    Last edited by bill_fimm; 08-13-2016 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Thought that Greenie was right!

You're so right about this addiction. I'm always finding inspiration in the work of others or thinking of different ways of doing stuff after I've done it. So it all leads to ideas for the next one.
    I'm pretty new to this and have much to learn but if I can offer any help or just words of support, you are most welcome.
    MTFBWY

GREENIE

You are definitely on the right track. The only think I'd do is take the finest steel wool you can get, and smooth out the scratches to more of a matte sheen, that with the great dirty job you did will take it up another level.

Cool. I'll look for some real fine steel wool tomorrow on my way home from work. Guess I went a little too heavy on the sandpaper, maybe too rough a grit... This is the first time i tried weathering, so i really wasn't even sure where i was going to do what. Thanks... I'll post the pics after i use the steel wool on it?