Thread: Battery pack wiring help

Default Battery pack wiring help

I'm installing the tcss 4aaa battery pack in my 2006 darth maul fx lightsaber. I'm using a AAA dummy cell in the battery pack and I'm gonna use the tcss premium bass speaker. The darth maul soundboard has 3 wires that go to the original battery pack. The 3 wires are red, brown, and black. I'm assuming that the red is positive and black is negative and brown is for the speakerror. But when I wired it up no sound oright anythinget even when I replaced the dummy cell with a battery. Any help most appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From what I've seen it looks like the speaker brown wire goes to speaker and the other pad should go to (+). Is that how you wired it? If you take photos of your wiring it will help answer your question. If you think the dummy cell is bad you can try bridging the contacts with a wire.

What LED are you trying to light?

Jb is correct. You also don't have to use a dummy cell unless you really want to, as those boards will handle the 6 volts from the 4 aaa pack.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Im using the red rebel star led. The led works but no sound. The white wires are for the speaker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like on the back of the board is your speaker going to the same pad as the other speaker lead. It should be going to the positive pad.

Agreed jbkuma it looks the same to me also. When you remover the gutz out of the 2006 darth maul fx lightsaber the crapy speaker they use has 2 wires on them(as all speakers do)...need to attach the other wire off the speaker to the (+) pad since looking at the pictures the brown wire go's to the (-) pad.

Yup that was the problem. Thanks guys.