Thread: any experience with Power-on-Move or Magic Activation?

Default any experience with Power-on-Move or Magic Activation?

Hey, all.
    I'm thinking of building a saber that exclusively uses magic activation (MA). Has anyone done this, and if so, what has your experience been?

I do a lot of stage combat with my sabers, so I can certainly control whether or not I'm wearing a magnetic ring. What I'm looking for would be, in order of priority:
    * reliability in activation (either on or off)
    * subtlety in activation

---

I'm also curious what people's experience with Power-on-Move (PoM) is. I can obviously modify my design to have a momentary & latching switch, so if PoM is generally a less-buggy user experience than MA, then I'll consider PoM instead.

---

Lastly, I'm trying to build a saberstaff, so I'm wondering if anyone has used either MA or PoM with a staff. My wild guess is that both should work fine, but well, there's a reason everyone counsels people to do their research first.

One followup question:

I'm also thinking of using chassis parts to mount a very small momentary switch inside the pommel for configuration purposes. So rather than holding down the aux switch while using the latching switch to power on the saber (and thus enter config mode), can I instead use magic activation + momentary switch to enter config mode?

(It's rare that I want to reconfigure -- I typically only change sound fonts between a max volume font and a very quiet font for workshops.)