Thread: rumble motor resistor?

Default rumble motor resistor?

Any recommendations on a resistor for a cell phone rumble motor?

The same basic concept as calculating the resistor for your LED.

Thanks!

You may want to try a few different ones (or a potentiometer) until you get the right "buzz". I've done a few and running them at full power tends to make a buzzing sound that can be heard even over sound boards. I personally think they are best running well below specs and/or only on clash/lockup, etc. And definitely make sure it's mounted well, and not near wires if you are using an exposed style.

Testing is the word when it comes to rumble motors...

Blog Entries

I've never gotten one to work. I always seem to fry the motor. I saw a haptic motor driver on Adafruit that runs from sound (speaker line out) signals. I thought I'd try that. Good luck. I hope you'll post on your experience with it.

I posted this elsewhere... But can you hook a rumble motor into the foc lead ( for activation) along with the foc led- when using a NB3? Anyone ever do this? Issues? Obviously one would need a resistor.... But other then that?

Keep in mind that it doesn't take much "rumbling" to have a great effect for your saber. Subtle is the key here IMO. Placement of the vibration motor is also important to prevent false swings. I prefer to mount the vibration motor on a separate chassis located away from the soundboard.

-Denzil

Ugh.... I ordered some little rumble motors from Amazon (along with some other items - table vise- wire strippers) and they didn't show up....... Amazon is refunding me... But now I'm without rumblers..... Anyone have a reliable source?

Blog Entries

Try adafruit.