Thread: LED Dilema

Default LED Dilema

Ok so I'm thinkin my LED may be blown even though I haven't wired. I keep trying to test it with two AAs and a quick tap, but I get nothin.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Blog Entries

Two AAs may not have enough juice to power it. You might try one of those disc shaped batteries. At 3 volts, they should work. That's what I use to test LEDs.

What color is it? Typically red is the only color that can be powered off of two AA batteries. That is why you see people use a 3 pack in stunt sabers.

The other thing you need to do is make sure you're touching the wires to the correct pads for the led you're testing. It should be the pads on either side of the led you want to check.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah I made the most newbie mistake ever...
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands