Thread: Nano Biscotte v3 Wiring Example

Default Nano Biscotte v3 Wiring Example

I recently put this together for my Padawan builds. Since I've finished both of those I didn't see the point in sharing it there, so I'll post it here instead for general information. This is just one example configuration. Everybody is going to have their own spin, so feel free to comment. If any obvious mistakes are found I'll fix them and update the original post. Hope this helps some folks!

EDITS/UPDATES:
    1) Each die has been resistored individually.
    2) Moved resistors to the POSITIVE leg, where they belong.
    Last edited by girot; 08-06-2016 at 11:18 AM.

I think the most important note is that your main LED legs should be resistored separately, especially if you are mixing with red. I also learned tonight that soldering to that DS pad is really difficult. It's really small and very close to the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I think the most important note is that your main LED legs should be resistored separately, especially if you are mixing with red. I also learned tonight that soldering to that DS pad is really difficult. It's really small and very close to the chip.
    I had considered a cautionary note regarding the deep sleep solder point, but it is covered pretty well in the manual.

The circuit shown is how I wired up my recent builds, but I could knock out a couple of different variants of the LED star section to cover other color combos/configs.

I'll take the image down for now while I do a couple of update.

Okay I know this is an older post but for the sake of simplicity what about pulling the Blade LED power from the recharge port as well as tying the ground from the switch to the recharge port. this way you have a larger "tab" to solder the large group of wires to and it would keep you from having to splice or run more wires to the NB solder pads.

I've done exactly that before, lol. Ultimately it depends on the individual anatomy of the saber, so I tried to keep the diagram as 'generic' as possible. The intention was to create a reference for beginners.

Ok noob here. Three questions about the Dynaomh wiring in this diagram. First what is it, meaning what is it's function? Two is there a large enough pad to solder to? Third; can I get away without wiring it?

The dynaohm is a dynamic or variable resistor. It adjusts to keep the current constant for the led.

You can certainly replace it with a regular resistor if you calculate the value. Since its for an accent LED, you can probably get away with a physically small one (e.g. 1/4w).
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I'm confused, The Nano can't do 7.4v batteries, so how do you get the power to run a tricree on a 3.7?

You wire them in parallel