Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Like RotJ build

Default Like RotJ build

I just delivered my first commission last week (forgot to take photos but I'll do a brag post when I get photos back) and now I have a request for an RotJ Luke. Anyone have advice on that build? I want it as accurate as possible so (for example) I don't want to use an AV switch. I think I can figure out that specific proble but if anybody else has done a RotJ build before: is there anything I should know before I start putting together my parts list?

You can't make an accurate Luke ROTJ build because the store doesn't offer thin necked emitters.

Quote Originally Posted by phook15 View Post
    You can't make an accurate Luke ROTJ build because the store doesn't offer thin necked emitters.
    I'll PM you the photos once I've done what you tell me is impossible. Thanks for your input.

blade holder 5
    ribbed choke combo
    3 inch double female extension
    .75 male/female extension
    pommel style 3 V2
    Activation box style 1

That's something similar to what I've got going on. You can also sand the sides of activation box style 1 to get rid of the groove on both sides.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

A thin neck can be done if you aren't afraid of mixing in some non MHS materials. I know Eastern57 did a thin neck Luke with some 1" OD stock passed through a chopped up BH 5. You would be limited to the 7/8th inch blades and led heatsink, but it can be done

https://youtu.be/ulLphf7qlyQ

Not the super thin neck, but it's damn close & it'd be strong enough to duel with

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Quote Originally Posted by phook15 View Post
    Just because the store doesn't offer the parts doesn't mean it can't be built.

Thanks for the advice so far.

So do you guys think graflex clamp or box 1? I'm thinking box 1 will be easier to turn into a power switch. Also: the clamp has that tension lever on it. Anakin's and Vader's sabers have that but Big Green seems not to.

Well, it depends. There is the hero Luke ROTJ, which has the copper neck and box, with the little triangle leds, and the v2, which had the clamp.

My preference has always been towards the V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Well, it depends. There is the hero Luke ROTJ, which has the copper neck and box, with the little triangle leds, and the v2, which had the clamp.

My preference has always been towards the V2.
    Yeah I prefer the look of the v2 as well but in this case, it's for a Mara Jade cosplay.