Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crystal chamber help

Default crystal chamber help

Does anyone know how to make a twist reveal crystal chamber??I have always been amazed by them and i want one for myself.

I think you are going to need to be more specific than that. In any case crystal chambers tend to be highly specific to the build.

Quote Originally Posted by alcadude View Post
    Does anyone know how to make a twist reveal crystal chamber??I have always been amazed by them and i want one for myself.
    Only on parts that dont 'truly' screw together..

such as (which pops into mind the most).. Graflex hilts.. (where it can be 'secured/joined' under the clamp)..

otherwise.. no 'twist' as most other parts screw together (requiring many revolutions to 'separate')

Quote Originally Posted by alcadude View Post
    Are you referring to the ones that pop open when you 1/4 turn of hilt prices? If so the builder has a build log on his site where he shows most of the steps but leaves out some of the engineering and machining work so you can't blatantly copy it.

If you speaking of the TFA Vintage Graflex FX that Martin Beyer built. The engineering in that build is off the scale(not say'in you don't have the skill...it takes him almost 2 years to build one)...and also it is all his...you can't copy it. you have to engineer you own design.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    If you speaking of the TFA Vintage Graflex FX that Martin Beyer built. The engineering in that build is off the scale(not say'in you don't have the skill...it takes him almost 2 years to build one)...and also it is all his...you can't copy it. you have to engineer you own design.
    Now you went and made it all easy-like for him to find the smith. But his walk through does give the principle...you just have to do the engineering to figure out your own latching and release geometry.

Well its not like he couldn't find out/it on his own if he just used google...(*cough* lazy)... But its good he asked here to know he can't use Beyer's mechanism. YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN!

I am referring to the saberforge like ones.I know not to make beyers one.

As far as I know the only crystal chamber that maker does is in his monarch & that is static, it doesn't move, it's just open, like Starkiller's

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

what about the crystal son and redeemer?