Thread: First Build Graflex 2.0/Modified Knight chassis

Default First Build Graflex 2.0/Modified Knight chassis

Hello. Well, thanks to a lot of reading on here and many forum members being kind enough to answer my newcomer questions, my first build is underway. I am keeping it very simple, but wanted to modify the Knight chassis chamber, to show off the crystal a little more.

I cut away some of the spiral plastic pieces and painted it metallic copper. Then shaved the crystal on the bottom so it fit snug, shaved the bottom flat, cemented it in.

Also I cut the LED flat on top, so I could get it butted up against the crystal as best I could. Then painted the sides of the LED metallic silver so what was showing of the LED wouldn't look like an LED under a crystal.. also hopefully, the metallic silver paint will help keep light contained and reflect it up into the crystal (sounds good, right?).

The LED looks like some little metallic piece now instead of an LED, haha.
    Here it is lit up.

Looking good so far vod!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Hey Guys, FINALLY had all my parts in hand and a WHOLE Saturday free to finish up my first build. Thank you to everyone here who answered my questions, and helped me along the way..The only thing left to do is to grind down the retention screws when I go to work Monday (they have machines there) LOL. And of course pick some really cool soundfonts fitting for Luke's saber in ANH.

Anyway, Here's some pics.

Trying resistors to get the correct color blend...

Wired up LED module and complete assembled chassis...

My modified crystal chamber...

And 2 little replacement screws that help it look just a little more like a vintage Graflex...

Thanks again for everyone's help in answering my new-comer questions.. Even though I still have soundfonts to decide on, it was really fun to build and very satisfying to finally close the clamp and activate the blade. MTFBWY.

Almost there. Finished up a few more details on the hilt.

Shaved down the red button and glass eye retention screws so they sit flush to the hilt when the brass Graflex style plug is in...

Replaced D-ring screw with rivet.

Used a piece of silver reflective mylar tape under the bubble strip, so you can't see the blade activation switch in the clamp. First I had to sand the bottom of the bubble strip flat, with some real fine grit.

I still need to shop through the soundfonts to see what I want to use, but the physical part is complete!

Here it is.

An elegant weapon...for a more civilized age...

Excellent work dude. Congrats

Well done! Crystal chamber looks excellent.

Thank you. It was a hell of a lot of fun and very satisfying to complete... still dealing with one power issue now that I started another thread about.. will be opening it up this Saturday to hopefully fix it.

this thread
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...225#post261225