Thread: Color Profile Values

Default Color Profile Values

I have installed a Prizm card ( with tai-cree RGB ) and was reviewing the default color profiles ( see below ). The manual indicates that each color channel can accept a value from 0 to 1023, but that highest number that Plector sets as a default value is 940 ( even for single color mixes ).

Before I start making changes just to "see the results," I wanted to ask whether there is a reason the defaults don't use the full 1023 value?

Also, is there a list of "popular" color profiles anywhere beyond the defaults? I have searched the forums and there really isn't much discussion on the topic.

Thanks in advance!

940 is sufficient for you to "see the results", and to make sure it works. Over on FX, I believe htere have been some charts posted to give you a general guideline.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Would anything be harmed by using the full 1023?

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    Thanks!

Would anything be harmed by using the full 1023?
    Probably not, as long a you have the proper resistors installed.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Even with resistors installed I've had issues trying to run any of the die at the full 1032. I recommend using resistors and the calculated max drive settings. You can overdrive a little (with minimal noticable difference) but don't max them out if you don't absolutely need to.