Thread: Idle glowing and activated crystal LED?

Default Idle glowing and activated crystal LED?

Hey there,

I had a question regarding if it is a good idea to wire up a crystal RGB LED on a Crystal Focus v8 to both the accented LED pads as well as the main color channels. My intention is this: During idle mode, I want the 5mm RGB crystal LED to pulse via accented LEDs (This would require using the Special Accent mode). But when ignited, I also want the crystal LED to flicker, which will mean it will need to be connected to the main color channels. If I wired the positive ends of the RGB LED to both the accented LED and the main color channel, would that cause any issues? I was thinking of connecting a DynaOhm resistor in the ground wire to regulate the current to keep it at most 20mA. Will someone with more electrical expertise tell me why this is a horrible idea? lol

Simply use the accent LED pads as described in the manual. There is a different setting in each of the files for idle, for lockup, and for during blade action (in the led.txt)

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    Simply use the accent LED pads as described in the manual. There is a different setting in each of the files for idle, for lockup, and for during blade action (in the led.txt)
    Of course! I don't know why I didn't notice that before when I first read the manual. Thanks Rob!