Thread: Saber Power-down Issues!

Default Saber Power-down Issues!

Hello All,

My son has been having problems with his lightsaber automatically powering down while we're dueling. Yes the battery has a full charge, but midway through our sparring match his saber turns off. Yes, we also made sure his hands weren't near the act. switch. Maybe adjustments to the hs and lc configurations? Any ideas?

What is the battery, board and LED set-up? How many LEDs and what current is being run to each? Is it actually powering down or just shutting off? Did you check to verify the switch connections are not loose or shorting out against the hilt?

How is the battery connected? Could it be briefly disconnecting?

I'm using this battery

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pa...tery-P853.aspx

With the Nb sound board and a tri-Cree RB, RB, White setup with both RB sharing the same + and -. I have a 1ohm 2w resistor on the white and one for the pair of blues. I have the same setup on mine and it doesn't seem to be an issue. I'll check the connections and the possibility of the card contacts touching the hilt although the card is pretty firmly set in a 3D printed plastic chassis.

The battery is connected through a recharge port to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by jsummit View Post
    The battery is connected through a recharge port to the board.
    check the RC (recharge port).. maybe even take it out.. and see if the issue still occurs.

Just tried it again yesterday and things seemed to work fine. I think he just keeps accidentally tapping the 16mm A/V switch with part of his hand. A disadvantage of having an unguarded switch. We may be adding a box cover over the top, drilled to the outer diameter of the switch to guard it.

Check the manual for an "accidental off" setting. It will allow you to add a minimum time to hold the button down to deactivate the saber and is designed specifically for this purpose. Happy sabering!