Thread: larger 3.7 batteries

Default larger 3.7 batteries

i see on the site- there are some trust fire 2400mAh 3.7v batteries listed (and currently available). I am wondering if anyone has used the same brand- but with a larger mAh rating (still 3.7v) with any of their NB builds. I saw some 5000mAh ones online?. wouldn't that result in DOUBLE the runtime?

Keep in mind that mAh ratings are very subjective, and often false on import sites. There are 3 methods of validating battery capacity that can generate fairly different results and no method is standardized. Stick with Tenergy, Panasonic, TrustFire, or FENIX. From my experience in making flashlights and RC products these are the best you can get, and most reliable/safe.

Here is an excerpt from a write-up from a robotics sight I also frequent.

"Panasonic NCR18650B is the highest capacity cell I know, with 3400 mAh. They do cost quite a bit (about $10 per cell). Anything higher than that is almost certainly fake, especially if they cost less than $10 per cell.

Those 4000 mAh and 5000 mAh cells on eBay... you'd be lucky to actually get 400 or 500 out of them. 18650 Battery Buying Guide (test on all from eBay below $3)"
    Last edited by FenixFire; 07-26-2016 at 08:38 AM.

here are the ones i am referring to… let me know your thoughts… they are trust fire.
    https://www.amazon.com/5000mAh-Trust...stfire+5000mAh

im guessing you like the fenix brand…..

Will a 26 mm diameter battery fit in MHS v1?

yeah- i just realized that battery seems "beefier" then the 2400/3000 version…… hmmmmm anyone know if this will fit (snugly)?

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    im guessing you like the fenix brand…..
    Actually I only found them about a year ago when I started building LED touches (flashlight) for hunting. My name is actually from my 1986 TransAm show car I had back in Highschool, It has been my online handle since 1994! Shortened Phoenix down to the earliest greek/still used in some parts of the world spelling FENIX so it would fit on the plates. Since I have been in several accidents where I should have Died but walked away, the name kinda stuck and most of my real life friends call me Fenix, because as they say I always seem to rise from the ashes. When I was 12 during one of the accidents my heart actually stopped for about 10 minutes and I remained unconscious for 3 days. During which I had a dream I was rescued from death by a Phoenix, my relatives said this was my vision quest and the Phoenix(ThunderBird) was my Spirit Guide.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 07-26-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    yeah- i just realized that battery seems "beefier" then the 2400/3000 version…… hmmmmm anyone know if this will fit (snugly)?
    26mm would be @ 1.03 inches. So it will fit MHSv1 internals, but you will need to make a chassis and you will not have the option to piggy-back the board to save space.

thats a pretty bad ass story!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Actually I only found them about a year ago when I started building LED touches (flashlight) for hunting. My name is actually from my 1986 TransAm show car I had back in Highschool, It has been my online handle since 1994! Shortened Phoenix down to the earliest greek/still used in some parts of the world spelling FENIX so it would fit on the plates. Since I have been in several accidents where I should have Died but walked away, the name kinda stuck and most of my real life friends call me Fenix, because as they say I always seem to rise from the ashes. When I was 12 during one of the accidents my heart actually stopped for about 10 minutes and I remained unconscious for 3 days. During which I had a dream I was rescued from death by a Phoenix, my relatives said this was my vision quest and the Phoenix(ThunderBird) was my Spirit Guide.
    Awesome bro....you have yourself a powerful Spirit Guide. I to have used Phoenix in my user names since 1993...My first was PhoenixLord. Still use it to this day in many internet sites. Many have noticed my Avatar background from Lara Croft. My Phoeinx logo in the center I drew when I was 15....a very very long time ago...lol.
    Last edited by PhoenixHawk; 07-26-2016 at 07:07 PM.