Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So it begins...My First PVC Lightsaber Build

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Looking great.
    Yup it does.
    Join me, join the dark side!

Thanks guys...It's a slow process...real life keeps getting in the way...*grummble grummbles*

More work done on the Chassis. Started cutting out the holes for the switch and sound boards.

Finished cutting an filing smooth the 2 cut outs.

Using a 1/2 inch pvc coupler for the shelf to hold the boards.

Cutting it into quarters made them fit better into the pipe and leave a nice ledge for the switch an sound boards to sit on.

Epoxied into place....as you can see.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Looking good.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

Thank you....Well, thinking i have enough switched to last me a while. This old coffee brewer that died on me i gutted for the parts. ....(seem to be doing that to a lot of things now...hmmm)...anyways moving on.

Wanted the round lighted main power switch for my PVC saber, liked how it lit up. But after taking it apart thought i might be able to use these momentary tactile switches in my other saber builds.

My knowledge on resistors isn't up to par yet, but thinking these can't be used do to them being used for 110 volt AC. Not to mech'in i don't have any way to test them. But they are small though.

Thats where I get my tactile switches (salvaged parts)You can find resistor band identification online but they're probably all in the Kilo ohm range.