Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Momentary Switch Question??????

Default Momentary Switch Question??????

If I use a Momentary Switch on a Nano Biscotte V3 does it require a Momentary to Latching converter to keep the saber on with out having to keep holding it, or does the saber stay on by itself?

No, it is designed to only use a momentary switch.

The saber will com on with a press and shut off with a long hold. Read the manual it will answer many questions, it can be downloaded from the store.

so I don't have to hold the switch to keep the saber on?
    only to turn it off?

That is correct. Once you turn it on, the NB will keep the saber activated until you tell it to shut off (or the battery dies).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

so- could one also use a latching switch as the thing to completely turn the switch off??? or at least- disconnect the battery from the board so that you could then recharge the battery without fear of borking the nb?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    so- could one also use a latching switch as the thing to completely turn the switch off??? or at least- disconnect the battery from the board so that you could then recharge the battery without fear of borking the nb?
    Yup, wiring in a latching switch in-line with one of the battery wires would have that effect (same as using a kill key in the recharge port though, so redundant if you are going to be using a recharge port anyways)

hmmmmmm interesting……. very interesting……… (not using a kill key- but do have a recharge "thingy")

might be much easier to just install a small basic on/off switch. that and the deep sleep mode is pretty effective. i haven't charged my TFA build once since i finished it... four minths ago. no kill key installed, no battery cutoff of any kind.

What if I wire 2 momentary switches? One under the red button, and one under the clamp card. Would I be able to activate my blade using either switch?? Or turn it on using one and off using the other?? Just a thought.