Thread: PRIZM wiring check please

Default PRIZM wiring check please

Hey all, I'd like a quick wiring check if possible, I'm working on my 2nd saber and using a PRIZM for the first time and would just appreciate a another pair of eyes looking over my wiring to check that I haven't mucked it all up!

PS. Apologies for the messiness of the diagram, I knocked it together pretty quickly.

PRIZM 3.jpg

Blog Entries

I think that'll work, but I put the resistors on the negative between the board and the main LEDs. Should work the same though, but someone more knowledgeable may know if there are problems with it. Also, I don't hook the positive wires from the LEDs to the plug switch. I connect them directly to the board. The positive wires from the kill switch go to the battery and to the board. But again, it's all connected to the positive, so it should work ok. Others....is it a problem to run all those wires to the kill switch?

Blog Entries

Also, the positive out to the crystal LED--the aux LED may need a resistor. Some of the PRIZMs ship with two zero ohm resistors attached. They don't give any protection to the aux LED. IF You're HAVE A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU can see if it is a zero ohm resistor. I blew up an LED by assuming the resistor on the board was adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    Also, I don't hook the positive wires from the LEDs to the plug switch. I connect them directly to the board. The positive wires from the kill switch go to the battery and to the board. But again, it's all connected to the positive, so it should work ok. Others....is it a problem to run all those wires to the kill switch?
    What do you do? Do you splice all wires together away from the recharge port's post and then run a single from that joint to the board?

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    Also, the positive out to the crystal LED--the aux LED may need a resistor. Some of the PRIZMs ship with two zero ohm resistors attached. They don't give any protection to the aux LED. IF You're HAVE A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU can see if it is a zero ohm resistor. I blew up an LED by assuming the resistor on the board was adequate.
    Oops, I forgot to add the resistor for the crystal LED to the diagram, I've put an SMD resistor on the board already so that should be fine.

So you think wiring the resistors to the negative is better?

Amended the Wiring diagram, how does this look?

PRIZM 4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bogeytron View Post
    Amended the Wiring diagram, how does this look?

PRIZM 4.jpg
    Are your switches not illuminated?

Regarding the resistor questions, either will work. I put them in the negative legs as that's how the manual showed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    Are your switches not illuminated?

Regarding the resistor questions, either will work. I put them in the negative legs as that's how the manual showed it.
    Nope, my switches aren't illuminated.

I think I'll go with the 2nd diagram and wire the negatives then!

you've got it! remember, the prizm blade channels are set up as a common anode driver and the accent pads are normal common cathode.