Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! 28mm Speaker Problem!

Default HELP!! 28mm Speaker Problem!

I seem to be having an issue with my speaker. One of my speakers stopped working and I bought a new one and replaced it. I connected it with micro JST connectors with about 26 gauge wires. After dueling with it, the speaker started to rattle a bit, so I just tightened the mount and that seemed to stop the rattling. The next morning though, I started it up, it did the boot up sound and then when I activated it, there was no sound! Any ideas? I don't want to keep blowing speakers!

I just tried to wired my speaker directly to the board and when I pulled the kill key, it made the boot sound, but when I activated the speaker, there was no sound again! Is it a board issue or a speaker issue!? Very frustrating!

Please verify that the metal parts of the speaker are not shorting on anything inside your hilt. Also, try testing out the soundfiles on your computer to make sure that there isn't a problem with them.

No, the speaker is touching PVC, so no shorts there. I reformatted my SD and reloaded the original files. I only modified the swing and clash by just a few numbers.

Could it be a "cold joint" or some stuff inside the joint that's not metal? A broken part on the sound card perhaps? I'm using a Nano Biscotti sound card. Are there certain components on the card that are speaker/sound related?

Would soldering the speaker to the other side of the card work?

Premium speaker right?
    Try starting up the saber then while it's running, gently press the black surface of the speaker and see if sound returns temporarily while you press. If it does it's a blown speaker.

What kind of speaker mount are you using?

Okay, I'll try that. I actually created a speaker mount of my own. If this makes sense, the speaker is setting on top of the end of my PVC pipe chassis and a cap goes over that, pressing the speaker against the pipe.

Nope, no sound when I press it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsummit View Post
    Okay, I'll try that. I actually created a speaker mount of my own. If this makes sense, the speaker is setting on top of the end of my PVC pipe chassis and a cap goes over that, pressing the speaker against the pipe.
    If the holder is preventing the cone from vibrating you can damage the speaker too.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 07-23-2016 at 07:14 PM.