Thread: How white is the FoC when an RBG LED mixes all colours at the same time?

Default How white is the FoC when an RBG LED mixes all colours at the same time?

I heard its more of an off white, is this true?

You could probably make it different shades of white, depending on what resistors you use on each of the dies.

It depends on the particular LEDs and the currents you're giving to each die. You can get a true white, but it may take a little tweaking.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Have you done anything like that, with getting it true white? What Hex values should I set it to?

Quote Originally Posted by phook15 View Post
    Have you done anything like that, with getting it true white? What Hex values should I set it to?
    you will have to experiment with your exact setup. No two LEDs produce the same quality of light. Identical Bin # will be close but not exact. Also each individual sees different shades depending on their individual ratios of the 3 cell types that make up the cones. Each eye on an individual will even perceive color slightly differently. For instance my Left eye perceives slightly more blueish, and my right slightly more yellowish. So what looks pure white to one person might be pale blue to another, and cream color to another, and perhaps slightly pink to a third.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    you will have to experiment with your exact setup. No two LEDs produce the same quality of light. Identical Bin # will be close but not exact. Also each individual sees different shades depending on their individual ratios of the 3 cell types that make up the cones. Each eye on an individual will even perceive color slightly differently. For instance my Left eye perceives slightly more blueish, and my right slightly more yellowish. So what looks pure white to one person might be pale blue to another, and cream color to another, and perhaps slightly pink to a third.

In your opinion, how well does the white stack up to a white die on a BBW or GGW on a tri led?

If you're using a white die, it'll fall in a certain range, depending on brand and binning. Again, there will be some variance. When you're mixing three different dice to make white, you've just increased the number of variables by a large margin. You'll get white. Sometimes it'll be a cooler shade of white, sometimes a warmer shade. There may be a bluish tint. It's impossible for us to predict what settings you'll need.

Experimentation with your settings will be mandatory if you want a specific shade of white. Using RICE is a good idea if you have that capability.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    If you're using a white die, it'll fall in a certain range, depending on brand and binning. Again, there will be some variance. When you're mixing three different dice to make white, you've just increased the number of variables by a large margin. You'll get white. Sometimes it'll be a cooler shade of white, sometimes a warmer shade. There may be a bluish tint. It's impossible for us to predict what settings you'll need.

Experimentation with your settings will be mandatory if you want a specific shade of white. Using RICE is a good idea if you have that capability.
    Like SS said R.I.C.E.! if you have a soundboard that supports it(prizm,pc,cf) save yourself the headache of tweaking those values manually. Even if you just wire it up to just tune in and then remove it, its only 3 wires and a few bucks for the port. You can get different shades of white depending on your taste. only thing with a RGB setup is you may have some hot spots at the base of your blade. But you also have to consider that its FOC so its going to flash and flicker and doesn't really give you time to really examine the color and decipher shades or hot spots etc, especially if you have the FOC set to be fairly quick like I like it.

mine looks more like a pale purple than white, lol.