Thread: How do I get the speaker out

Default How do I get the speaker out

I want to get the speaker out of the speaker holder. I have the premium speaker and holder 4 both from the TCSS store. Please help I need to rewire the speaker and drill a few holes in the holder.

Blog Entries

Probably not the best method, but I've used my automatic center punch and a small piece of rubber as padding. A couple shots and the speaker popped right out.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Probably not the best method, but I've used my automatic center punch and a small piece of rubber as padding. A couple shots and the speaker popped right out.
    Just be very careful the Neodymium magnets are very brittle.

nut driver pushed though the back of the speaker holder, I feel like it spreads out the force or atleast that's what i'm telling myself.

Yeah I am just scared of breaking it. I think I may just try to resolder it while in ghe holder. I think I can get to it with out much fuss. As for the holes I guess I can just be VERY careful while making them. I just don't have the money to buy a new speaker right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    Yeah I am just scared of breaking it. I think I may just try to resolder it while in ghe holder. I think I can get to it with out much fuss. As for the holes I guess I can just be VERY careful while making them. I just don't have the money to buy a new speaker right now.
    The wide socket on the nut driver should work. I popped my Bass speaker out of the v4 holder fairly easily by just pushing it out with a socket that just fit the diameter of the back hole.

When I get to that part of the chassis build I will try that. Thanks all for the help