Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: just want to confirm my wiring so I dont fry my board 4 days before comic con.

Default just want to confirm my wiring so I dont fry my board 4 days before comic con.

*note * this will not have a kill switch or a recharge circuit

I am working with a blaster core from plecter labs and I just wanted to confirm my wiring (mainly my battery and switch)

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1977 View Post

I am working with a blaster core from plecter labs and I just wanted to confirm my wiring (mainly my battery and switch)

Have you looked at the manual?

I dont see any wiring diagrams like yours proposed.

1.) Looks like you DO have a kill switch (ie: power switch) in line with the battery

2.) I dont see how your LED will work.. (outside of just constantly being on) even when the 'powers witch' is off.

In your current set-up... there wouldnt even be a reason to use the BC board..

Do you plan on having audio? (no speaker?)

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    Have you looked at the manual?

I dont see any wiring diagrams like yours proposed.

1.) Looks like you DO have a kill switch (ie: power switch) in line with the battery

2.) I dont see how your LED will work.. (outside of just constantly being on) even when the 'powers witch' is off.

In your current set-up... there wouldnt even be a reason to use the BC board..

Do you plan on having audio? (no speaker?)
    yup planning on having audio, trigger, clip sounds the works. Those I have not problem hooking up because they have dedicated solder pads. I was just a little iffy on the bank of LEDs. Those will be on when I hit the power switch (which technically is a kill switch LOL).

If you want the LED bank to turn on and off you need to place it after the switch I think. Sounds like a cool project. Where did you get parts for the body?
    In my experience there is no such thing as luck. Obi-Wan Kenobi

well I don't know what I did wrong. I wired the pos of the led bank after my switch and the neg to the battery lead. But when I flipped the switch all of the LED's in the bank burned out. (I even had resistors on them). So I have no clue what happened...

well I don't know what I did wrong. I wired the pos of the led bank after my switch and the neg to the battery lead. But when I flipped the switch all of the LED's in the bank burned out. (I even had resistors on them). So I have no clue what happened...

well with my crystal ball being on the fritz... its hard to say. (that and you gave zero information to help with)

1.) What battery pack? (specs or link.. no clue what a TCSS v4 battery pack even means).. is it a +7.4v pack?

2.) What leds are you trying to 'power' directly from the pack via a switch? specs for the led? forward voltage? mA required?

3.) What resistors did you use? How did you calculate them?

post a picture of your 'actual' wiring.. then post a drawn image (or schematic) of how you intended to wire them..

Why are you not wiring it as it is intended and wiring the LEDs to the L1 through L6 pads? Those are for various secondary functions, such as but not limited to Power indicator, Ammo indicator, "blinky" LEDs, LED arrays, Accent LEDs, etc. One or multiple pads could be dedicated to powering on at boot up. Otherwise wire it in as indicated using the correct specification to do the math and determine the proper resistors. Also LEDs have a + and - pole, on the standard LEDs the longer leg is the +, reverse this and they wont work...you would be surprised how many people get bit by that.

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    well with my crystal ball being on the fritz... its hard to say. (that and you gave zero information to help with)

1.) What battery pack? (specs or link.. no clue what a TCSS v4 battery pack even means).. is it a +7.4v pack?

2.) What leds are you trying to 'power' directly from the pack via a switch? specs for the led? forward voltage? mA required?

3.) What resistors did you use? How did you calculate them?

post a picture of your 'actual' wiring.. then post a drawn image (or schematic) of how you intended to wire them..

sorry I know my bad. (normally I am pretty good when it comes to giving detailed info)

this is the battery pack I was using.
    7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack

the led I was trying to run.
    https://www.radioshack.com/products/...ant=5717559621

the resistors. I don't remember off of the top of my head. I used a resistor calculator app I downloaded...

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Why are you not wiring it as it is intended and wiring the LEDs to the L1 through L6 pads? Those are for various secondary functions, such as but not limited to Power indicator, Ammo indicator, "blinky" LEDs, LED arrays, Accent LEDs, etc. One or multiple pads could be dedicated to powering on at boot up. Otherwise wire it in as indicated using the correct specification to do the math and determine the proper resistors. Also LEDs have a + and - pole, on the standard LEDs the longer leg is the +, reverse this and they wont work...you would be surprised how many people get bit by that.
    I am re-reading the manual now.. I have one more bank of LED's I can use....
    the whole thing with the LED pos and neg. I always have to double check I forget which is pos and neg LOL

sorry I know my bad. (normally I am pretty good when it comes to giving detailed info)

this is the battery pack I was using.
    7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack

the led I was trying to run.
    https://www.radioshack.com/products/...ant=5717559621

the resistors. I don't remember off of the top of my head. I used a resistor calculator app I downloaded...
    Do you know the fV and the mA you were trying to run. If they are similar to SuperBright they are 3.5v @20mA. How many do you have wired for the bank, and are they wired parallel or serial?

For 1 the math would be:
    R=7.4-3.5/.020
    R=195 ohm

P=195*.020^2
    P=.078W

So at least a 195 ohm 1/8 w resistor.

Or use
    http://ledcalc.com/; Not my fav but they will give you the option to add series wired LEDs.