Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: an MHS saber - Husk

This looks amazing, very well done for an experiment, I say you nailed it!

Very nice work. Like the old Republic look. Great work on the weathered look. I dig.

Wow. That is a work of art.

The circuit board thingies were a nice touch!

(Very technical diction)
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Yes...agreed. Great work with the etching. Well done. (like the design of the Saber also)

There is some nice symmetry to this design in that the pommel and emitter both have the small hole vents. I also like how the rings section off the hilt with the slight ring built into the emitter. It looks comfortable in the hand and balanced, without picking it up. Nice job! Of course including the Jedi Outcast symbol in the etching pays homage to my favorite game of all time, so my take is slightly biased

Very nice. I like the design and the Jedi emblem elements as well even though it could run in between I feel especially giving the fonts =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

First- Awesome... very nice- can't say enough about how bad ass this looks. Second- you mentioned - tri-cree R,G,Rb resistored for purple... I'm in the middle of figuring out resistors (not my strong point) but I'm very interested in how you determined "different"(?) resistors then the regular ones you would normally use to get this specific color. Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    First- Awesome... very nice- can't say enough about how bad ass this looks. Second- you mentioned - tri-cree R,G,Rb resistored for purple... I'm in the middle of figuring out resistors (not my strong point) but I'm very interested in how you determined "different"(?) resistors then the regular ones you would normally use to get this specific color. Can you elaborate?
    You need a resistor for each of the three LED dies. He wasn't referring to different "types" of resistors, just different Ohm/Watt values. With RGB color combinations (as is the case with an R/G/rB LED), if you allow the same amount of red, green, and blue through, you'll end up with white. When he says his saber is resistored for purple, he just means that each resistor used had a different amount of resistance, the right resistance for the perfect balance of red, green, and blue to shine through and create the shade of purple he liked.

He'll have to tell you what those specific resistance values are if you're looking for a close match in color, but there's no different "type" of resistor you'll have to worry about.
    Last edited by TheCheeker; 08-11-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Yeah by different I meant different values as opposed to what you might normally use... Not a different kind- sorry for the confusion. Just wondering if there is a mathematical calculation or a lot of trial and error.... What process he went through and what he ended up with. I think it's interesting to understand the process, and the why / how along with the end result.