Thread: Crystal focus V8 sound parameter help

Default Crystal focus V8 sound parameter help

This is my first time to work with CFv8. Im happy with everything except while spinning the swings sound double time and off. In the override section, what slider settings have you guys found to be the best?

I realize I'm supposed to use RICE to adjust in real time but the way I built my saber I have to open it up to access my RICE port. I plan to change that, but Im trying to get this up and running in meantime.

What do you mean by "double time and off"? Do you mean the spin sound takes longer than the spin itself to complete?

The spin sound is to fast and a simple swing will often sound double or triple

It sounds to me like your swing parameter may be set too high (it's too sensitive). Your swing rate flow limiter may also be too sensitive too. What are your swing and hswing parameters set to?

I need some suggested settings . Mine are all off. I've been playing around with it and I'm making it worse.

Currently my settings are:
    Gate 106
    Clash 455
    Swing 76
    Spinfx 76
    Stabfx 449

Swing 101
    Clash 25
    Spin 25

Try starting with these:

gate=40
    hswing=150
    hclash=500
    hstab=90
    hspin=500

swing=200
    clash=50
    swing=75

Two parameters that you've listed (spinfx, stabfx) are not real parameters. The parameters I've listed are defined in my override.txt file. When you're changing motion-related parameters, you need to understand how each one works, and only change one parameter at a time, testing between each change. Please refer to the CF8 user manual to see how each parameter operates.
    spin=100