Thread: I need some help if a buckpluck/resistors are needed :)

Default I need some help if a buckpuck/resistors are needed :)

Hello everybody,

New guy here constructing his first lightsaber. While the parts for the shell (except for the pommel/insert since most are not in stock ), switches and chassis where an easy choice, I need some electronics help. I am from Germany, so I have to calculate shipping costs and tax (19%) on my purchase and I want to stay under a certain budget. So I will buy certain parts locally (like screws, spacers, wire, resistors etc.).
    I want to build a lightsaber with a Petit Crouton V4 (which I can get in Europe luckily) and with a Cree Tri-XP-E2 LED (B/B/W).

Do I need a buckpuck or resistors when I want to usw the FoC function of the board?
    I read the manual but I'm really not sure if the 2 blue die from the tri-XP LED need resistors too or only the white die I want to use for the FoC function.

since I need to locate some apropriate Li-Ion Batteries (7,4V / 18650) around here, I'm not 100% certain which batteries I will use in the end but for the sake of it let's say I use the 7,4V variants. Sadly can't order the batteries in the shop because of FedEx transportation limits I guess.

thx for reading and hopefully answering

Sven
    Last edited by Talliostro; 07-08-2016 at 06:03 AM.

You do not need a Buckpuck if you are using a PC. Resistors are recommended.

thanks that's good to know