Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NB3 Deep sleep issue

Default NB3 Deep sleep issue

Hello friends. I have completed my first saber and I loved every second of it. It is all correctly wired and everything works perfectly. Everything except for the Deep Sleep function. I have altered the config file to shorten the time between when the saber is powered down and when it enters sleep to one minute. I am into minute 20 and the AV switch LED is still on and the board has not entered DS. My Deep setting is at 6000ms which is incredibly low. I have wired the LED for my AV switch to the DS pad on the board as indicated in the manual which means after one minute of inactivity both the saber and the LED should sleep.

Every now and then at odd intervals the board will make the boot noise even though its already on. Has anyone else had this issue and could provide a solution? Thanks!
    Last edited by JTP; 07-07-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

So what you're saying is that your config file says the following?

deep=300

Are you making sure to not touch the saber at all when you're trying to let it go to sleep?

correct. I am noticing now that the blade LEDs are no longer coming on. The saber sounds, clash and swing all still work but the LEDs for the blade are not coming on now. Could I have messed something up with the config file or or could it be a loose wire? All my connections still look fine.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

If you could, please post large, clear pictures of your wiring, as well as a copy of your config file.

vol=3
    drive=1023
    fdrive=1023
    offd=125
    deep=15000
    resume=0
    lc=400
    hs=220
    ls=40
    i=53
    shmrd=200
    shmrp=5
    shmrr=13
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    swing=200
    clash=150
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20

Image needs to be linked from imgur due to size -> http://imgur.com/uh80qGY

it may be difficult to see but I can assure you that none of my contact points bleed together. I have checked thoroughly

My saber is now not coming on at all, even the AV. All I'm hearing is a faint buzzing from the speaker. All my connections for the board and battery are solid. Is this an issue with the board or could the recharge port connections be bad? Somehow the board isnt getting power but the speaker is?? the board feels warm to the touch. is that an indicator of something?
    Last edited by JTP; 07-07-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP View Post
    My saber is now not coming on at all, even the AV. All I'm hearing is a faint buzzing from the speaker. All my connections for the board and battery are solid. Is this an issue with the board or could the recharge port connections be bad? Somehow the board isnt getting power but the speaker is?? the board feels warm to the touch. is that an indicator of something?

First step charge the battery to be sure it is not a low battery causing the led issue. It does sound like a shorted wire somewhere with the random boot sounds...probably on the + or - leads. Personally I don't like how much exposed wire is on the + and - at the board. Especially on the white wire.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 07-07-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Just plugged it in. says full according to the indicator on the wall charger. I only had it on for a few minutes today and I charged it full last night. The board has zero power now apparently. Which positive and negative leads should I check? The ones coming from the battery and recharge port? I can open the heat shrink up but the wires and connections look pristine.

Also the white wire on the top goes to my white LED. The connections for the battery are on the bottom of the board. I don think that connection would cause this issue
    Last edited by JTP; 07-07-2016 at 07:22 PM.

I would start with the ones at the board, especially verify the white wire is not touching anything. Also what LEDs are you running and at what current? What resistors are you using? I would go through and check everything. Also when soldering it up did you have the kill key in the recharge port or the battery disconnected to be sure the board was not powered while soldering?

yes I was sure to keep the key in. If something did bump that key though and power was sent to the board while I was checking my connections and soldering them more thoroughly, what would that mean? Board ruined? Battery ruined?

Also that white wire goes to the white LED. All my resistor calculations are on point and were checked several times by myself, a calculator and this site so its not them. It all worked fine today except for the DS. Now its all buggered.