Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graflex 2.0 - new builder needs wiring check

Default Graflex 2.0 - new builder needs wiring check

Hello All,
    This is going to be my first build, a Graflex 2.0. I would love it if any experienced builders could look at my wiring diagram and let me know if I got it right. Any comments/advice/criticisms would be greatly appreciated. I think the wiring is correct, but am a little unsure on the resistor values. Thanks for looking!

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO NEWER POSTS FOR MOST RECENT REVISION
    Last edited by bill_fimm; 07-06-2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: updated wiring diagram

Shouldn't your deep-sleep LED be wired to the battery (-)? I'm not sure how it would act when wired to the main LED (-). I don't think I've seen anyone use blue and white to make the main blade color with a white FOC before. Normally it's BBW. Going for a lighter blue?

I will have to check the NB manual again about the deep-sleep wiring.

Yes, I am going for a pretty pale Blue. Before I build, I am going to test with different resistors on the white to get the right shade of pale blue I want.

Now that you brought it up, I guess the deep sleep LED would turn off with the blade if I wired the negative to the LED (-). Thanks for the review.

YES! Just checked the manual and thank you. Deep Sleep pad to battery negative. I will fix my drawing and post tomorrow.

Made the change above in the first post.... Let me know if it is alright now.

the resistor values seem OK?

Here"s there diagram again

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO NEWER POSTS FOR MOST RECENT REVISION
    Last edited by bill_fimm; 07-06-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: updated wiring diagram

I have a NBv3 wired up with a B/B/W TriCree running on a 3.7v with .47ohm .5 W resistors on each LED. Not sure if that's pushing any limits but I haven't had any problems with it.

Diagram looks ok to me. Resistor values don't need to be quite that high, but those values won't hurt anything. The brightness of your blade will still be very good.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

What values would you recommend? Should I drop them all to 1 ohm 2 watt? Or should i go lower? I appreciate your input. Thank you.

The calculator I use is coming up with 1Ω-2W for the main LEDs, 47Ω-1/8W for your deep sleep LED, and a 27Ω-1/8W for your crystal chamber LED. Can someone confirm those values?

Yes, I did get lower values than i put on my drawing, but have read alot on here about rounding up. I figured i would err on the side of caution and go a little bigger. I have no experience with calculating resistors, so all your advice is what i have to go on. I have 2 questions though.

1) Do you think the actual calculated values will be safe?

2) Will my blade be significantly dimmer if i DO go with the values on my drawing?

Thanks again guys. Appreciate it

1. Yes. Actual calculated values are fine. If you've done the math yourself, just round up to the next standard resistor value.

2. I doubt you'd be able to tell a difference without a light meter.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Cool. Thanks for the info.