Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I'm making a lightsaber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can run the LED off of a MR sound board. That is just like a conversion. you don't "need" a driver.

As for if the store has one, why don't you poke around in the LED specific section?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Hey x-wingband; So are you saying if I bought a sound board like the rotj lukes just to say;and I bought a battery pack and a speaker and a lexeon blade holder with my blade and a switch ;that's all I need to get that bad boy working? Also what kind of battery pack would you suggest? I'm also wanting to put in an orange lexeon light.thanks for your help!!DaJoQuim

Council Member
    Sith Lord

you can buy the luck sound board here along with the pommel if you want that. browse around here for the rest of the stuff. and here is where batt packs are
    have fun
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaJoQuim
    Hey x-wingband; So are you saying if I bought a sound board like the rotj lukes just to say;and I bought a battery pack and a speaker and a lexeon blade holder with my blade and a switch ;that's all I need to get that bad boy working? Also what kind of battery pack would you suggest? I'm also wanting to put in an orange lexeon light.thanks for your help!!DaJoQuim
    Yup, that'd be it, if you want to go the simplest rout for sound. There's a wiring diagram in the wiring forum.

For batteries... stick to as close as you can to the normal MR voltage. If you mean for orange a Red-Orange or Amber you could even go higher to 6V. So that'd be 6V from 4AA (normal alkalines) or 5AA rechargable. That maglite has plenty of room you could add more packs if you want better run times.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

thanks guys for the info;now I have just one more question; is the holder with heat srink or sink with the lexeon blade one kit or is it two things ? My inside of my hilt is 1.349. just wondering.DaJoQuim

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaJoQuim
    thanks guys for the info;now I have just one more question; is the holder with heat srink or sink with the lexeon blade one kit or is it two things ? My inside of my hilt is 1.349. just wondering.DaJoQuim
    you get a heatsink with the blade holder.

BLUE 3- Ready

Oh thank you very much for the info. I'm really excited about this project!!DaJoQuim

Hi-Everyone!!
    Well I've bought over half of my parts from this store today;which;I'm chosing an amber lexeon.Next week I'm ordering the rest of my parts from this store;so;as they say here I go my friends haha.I'll post pics of my finished saber when I get it done!!BTW I'm useing a rotj soundboard from this store.

sounds great my friend. I'm glad to see your project moving along steadily.

I was going to move ahead on my vintage 1950 heiland, but since I just dropped $400 on the sabers that Master Tiin was getting rid of (JSS Hero Luke ROTJ and JSS Anakin AOTC w/ LEDs in hilt), I have to put it on hold just a little bit. The "Emperor" (my wife) says I'm exceeding my budget. LOL...

I'm really anxious to see that saber at Star Wars Weekends this year. Not sure which of mine I'll bring down.

Well Dajoquim, I look forward to seeing this bad boy. I had taken your recommendation to come here on this forum, but to be honest to see how you were received in the first couple of replies to your simple post with questions, I'm kind of hesitant to even post anything here.

Don't want to get nailed by any goose steppers for simply asking the wrong question.

Take care my friend and I'll see you at FX-sabers.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Welcome Raijlin,

I wouldn't worry about what others say. It's nothing against DaJoQuim. We just don't feel right telling poeple where to get something outside of the store when Tim offers it.

BTW, after what you said to Hype at FX-sabers, you're a-ok in my book.
    RED LEADER Standing by!