Thread: NB v3 Crystal Chamber Wiring Question

Default NB v3 Crystal Chamber Wiring Question

Hello All,
    I am very new to saber building and forums so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. Maybe someone could answer this amateur-ish question for me. Using the NB version3, if I want my crystal chamber to turn on when I activate my blade, do I wire it to the same pads as the tri-cree? I will be using a 5mm LED for the crystal chamber. (The forward voltage is 3.2 and the spec says it should run between 10 and 15ma.) After reading the NB v3 manual, it is my understanding that if I use the 3.3v pad, the chamber will stay illuminated until I put in a kill key. Also, if I wire the chamber LED to the Deep Sleep pad, it will stay lit after I turn my blade off, until the board enters deep sleep mode.
    Can someone confirm this for me?? Do I wire my crystal chamber LED to the same pads as the main blade LEDs so the crystal chamber switches along with the blade??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

You are correct; wire it in parallel with the main blade LED and make sure to resistor accordingly.

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I was understanding the manual correctly.

This method will also give you the added bonus of the crystal mimicking the flicker of the blade.

Cool. Never thought of that. If i can fit/hide a 3mm clear white LED in the chamber, couldn't I wire it to the + and the -FoC pads? So the chamber will also flash? Just a thought, providing there is room enough for everything.

Yes. That too would be possible.

I will post a wiring diagram soon.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bill_fimm View Post
    I will post a wiring diagram soon.
    I would absolutely love to see this! Which crystal chamber are you using? diagram and pictures as soon as you have them, I'd love to see them!

I am using the Graflex 2.0 Knight Chassis from GOTH 3D Designs.

I have started a new thread asking people to check my wiring, it is here -
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...151#post260151

As far as pics go I will as I start the build, I am still waiting for some parts.