Thread: How do I wire an rgb luxeon tri rebel with prizm v4

Default How do I wire an rgb luxeon tri rebel with prizm v4

I am using a red, green, royal blue luxeon tri rebel star for the prizm v4
    The wiring guide on the manual does not help.Any help would be appreciated.

The wiring diagram in the manual is pretty straight forward. There's a positive power-lead that runs from where the (+) on the battery connects to the board--that wire runs to each positive connection for each LED die. Basically, you're wiring each LED positive directly to the battery. Then each negative LED lead will go to its own channel on the Prizm board. Red to CH1, green to CH2, and blue to CH3. Each negative lead should also have the resistor on it somewhere between the LED and the board. I apologize for not having a black marker to show the negative leads properly on this diagram. The purple swirls on the blue (-) leads are your resistors.
    FormatFactoryIMAG2802.jpg

EDIT: Oops, I guess I wired the colors in reverse from the manual. The theory is the same though--wire the negative of each LED to whatever channel you want it to be on.

Thanks for the help

so to save space in my build, also prizm, i can just connect all the + pads with wire jumping from one + pad to the next and then just have a wire continuing from the last of those pads to my board?

Quote Originally Posted by MARIOKART64 View Post
    so to save space in my build, also prizm, i can just connect all the + pads with wire jumping from one + pad to the next and then just have a wire continuing from the last of those pads to my board?
    Yes, you can do that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.