Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: first time builder: basic questions

Yeah, the problem is due to how I want to do switch setup. The graphic I tried to attach got scaled down really small, so it's hard to see.

What I want to do is flip around the main bodies, such that the AV switches are 2 * 2.875" from each other, or 5.75" total. 18650's are 3.3" long, so then I don't have room for two, but I should be able to cram in a 2x14500 battery pack (probably wired in parallel, since I don't think I need the ~7v drop).

With where I want the switch, I then have ~3.5" of space, which should be plenty: 1.5" for LED module, 1" resonance cavity, 0.75" speaker length.

Another problem then might be if I'm mounting the soundboards under the battery packs, and the battery packs are in the center, then they'll be too close to the center of rotation. Although I can bias them as much as possible -- I think the NBv3 is 1.12" long, so then the center of the board is ~1.5" from the center of the staff. Will that be enough? Not sure. Any thoughts?

Reversed polarity on jst2.jpg

The 18650 is 65mm long, roughly 2.6", NB stacks on the back of it with the disks in the store. Speaker could go on either side of the switch see illustration. The creativity will come in figuring out a way to lock it in place. I would order both a v4 and v5 speaker holder and see what works. if the v5 wont work just shave off the lip and you have a v4. If the speaker is on the board side of the switch you will need to use 30ga wire for the switch and lightly dremel channels in the side of the speaker holder to pass the wires. If it will always be a staff I would put the NB as close to the blade ends as possible. O1 and O2 are the two speaker options. If you went with the flat style heatsink you would gain about .5" of additional room as well. The illustration has the 16mm vandal so a 12mm would be even better fit for the O1 speaker placement.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 07-06-2016 at 02:16 PM.

The more pressing issue I see is placing the recharge port or ports...did not see any mention of that in your posts either.

Oh interesting -- so the sound would then be channeled around the battery/NB combo?

No plan to add recharge port, as I don't like the current state of the art with them. I'm used to taking the pommel off my sabers and extracting the battery pack, so I'd be doing similar here.