Thread: Crystal Focus 8 SIMPLE Questions.

Default Crystal Focus 8 SIMPLE Questions.

Hey everyone , This place is a great new find! I'm building my first CF8 and after reading over the manual ( which is awesome and i expect to study it quite a bit more ) and using a limited experience in leds ( really just my own strings on a power supply, and AV led switches) Im a little stumped Ive searched high and low and I can't seem to find an answer probably because I'm underusing this soundcard. I Have a tri cree blue blue white ( this is for a graflex 2.0) and my questions are as follows and are probably pretty stupid: If I'm using the 3 leds all at once for a simple on off no Foc no color mix do i need a resistor? Do i wire them up in parallel? and if so .22 5w would be a good value correct? for some reason i remember reading that a parallel config required no resistor. thanks in advance for any help and i look forward to posting more in the future and learning tons about these awesome sound modules. Bonus question: blade diameter that the graflex 2.0 will accept?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Parallel config would not require resistors on the CF8 as it has Direct Drive, where you set the current going to each LED through the Config File or Rice (if I am remembering correctly)

High-power LEDs driven either by the main LED pads on a CF or the LED pads on a CEx extension board do not need to have resistors on them. Cire is correct, the current value the soundboard uses to drive the high-power LEDs is set in the configuration files on the SD card. If you want to run all three dice on the tri-cree, I believe you would be able to drive all three in parallel off of the main LED pad on the CF, but I'm not sure what the maximum current output is for the onboard driver. If you wanted to do a BBW tri-cree setup with the white as an over-the-top FOC, you would wire the two blue LED dice in parallel to the CF's main LED pad, and then wire the FOC (white) LED using the wiring diagram on page 39 of the CF8 manual. According to the store page, the Graflex 2.0 is meant to use a 7/8" blade.
    Last edited by sgcdialler; 07-01-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Guys Thank you so much for all your help this forum is great