Thread: Ugh! I can't see, to get started.

Default Ugh! I can't see, to get started.

I am not sure whether I am venting or seeking advice, but I am feeling overwhelmed.

I've been ordering parts and reading/researching since the beginning of January. I have had all needed parts to build my first saber for about 6 weeks now and just can't seem to get started.

The build is a prizm 4, tri Cree RGB, 18650 battery, 16mm AV switch, and a small SPST momentary tactile switch.

I have a couple of wiring diagrams for reference.

But for some very bizarre reason, I just can't get started. I supposed I am overwhelmed with everything and am just not sure where to start first.

How about you just wire up the LED, battery, switch and resistor, treating the LED like it's just a single Cree and then go from there. If you try to start too complicated it would seem overwhelming to anyone. There are some awesome tutorials for simple build like I just stated on the TCSS YouTube channel. Hope this helps.
    MTLBWY

MasterClayton kinda hit it right on the head, start simple. If you haven't done so, take a look at the threads & videos found here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...utorial-Videos

There is a TON of great information there. Since it doesn't look like you have sound (yet), one video you might find very helpful is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjX...mFgLjLYmyAQN0d

One thing I will caution is that wiring everything together first might provide it's own challenge when it comes time to put everything together inside your hilt since there are pieces (switch & LED) that will need to be wired thru the saber body (unless you use the JST or similar quick connector). I guess this should be a common sense thing, but when you're overwhelmed & anxious to start, it's the little things that tend to get overlooked first.

What I would suggest is lay out all of your parts & pick out only the ones you're going to be working with (things like your electronics & maybe the main body where your switch & LED will be mounted), then put the rest away so you're not looking at all of them at once.

Good luck & remember to have fun with your build vod!
    Last edited by NaasadTal; 06-25-2016 at 08:39 PM.