Thread: 10 Degree Lens for Tri-Cree?

Default 10 Degree Lens for Tri-Cree?

Did I just stumble across a 10 degree lens that will work for the Tri-Crees sold in the shop?

I don't want to link to the lens in question out of fear of promoting another retailer but I'd like to know if this will work. Here's a picture of the product and some data from the spec sheet. I blacked out the part numbers.

lens.jpgpl353a06nk_300_c4d942d106b14c96a26ee27b17c30852.jpg

As you can see from the spec excerpt, it looks like one of these is a 10 degree lens. Will this work for sabers?

I realize this probably isn't nearly enough to go on and I'll post the part number if you all need it. I just didn't want to be disrespectful.

Just use the one sold in the store. That one works just fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I absolutely believe that it does. I'd prefer as little flare at the base as I can get, though. Am I just being rude by asking about a lens not offered in the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeker View Post
    I absolutely believe that it does. I'd prefer as little flare at the base as I can get, though. Am I just being rude by asking about a lens not offered in the shop?
    The one in the store doesn't provide a lot of base flare, and does provide a fairly evenly lit blade - which is why we all use it. As for the second question - I'll let it slide for now.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The 10degree is for spotlight applications and will not mix the colors well. You will likely get 3 visible hot spots at the base if it is less than 1.5 inches from the lense.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    The 10degree is for spotlight applications and will not mix the colors well. You will likely get 3 visible hot spots at the base if it is less than 1.5 inches from the lense.
    ^^^this. even with the store's lenses on a blade holder with windows you can see the separation. An even narrower beam would only worsen the problem. The stores lenses coupled with a properly diffused blade will give you a great result.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    ^^^this. even with the store's lenses on a blade holder with windows you can see the separation. An even narrower beam would only worsen the problem. The stores lenses coupled with a properly diffused blade will give you a great result.
    Thanks, guys! That's really helpful.

Get one and try it. That is what the hobby and community is all about.

That is what I did with Frosted Lens. (Which work VERY well for color mixing BTW.)

Tim at TCSS offers the best products out there and you can't go wrong with using what is in the store. But if you are curious about something else then just give it a try. If it is a "win" then perhaps it will eventually be offered here.

-Denzil

^^^^^this. With feedback