Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Affixing the Luke pommel section

Default Affixing the Luke pommel section

Does anyone know what that little pin thing in the center of the Luke Pommel "bump" is for? How hard do you think it would be to extract it and replace it with a set screw?

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

i think it is supposed to keep the tri ring form sliding one way or the other. i took mine off and wanted todo the same thing and add an covertec there. still havn't gotten aroun to getting it off, thought about grinding a hole on the inside and pushing it through

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    i think it is supposed to keep the tri ring form sliding one way or the other. i took mine off and wanted todo the same thing and add an covertec there. still havn't gotten aroun to getting it off, thought about grinding a hole on the inside and pushing it through

I think you're right about the reason it's there, and as for getting it out with out destroying the pommel too, I think that's going to be some tough work.

I was thinking about putting the set screw on the opposide side so it appeared that it went all the way threw, but if I can just replace that pin then I think that's the best way to go.

you could likely pick up a small clamp that is capable of being attatched to the bottom of a drill press. That would be your best bet for getting it drilled out if you wanted to take that route. At least that is what i would do
    cheers

well with mine you won't see the hole on the inside anyhow and you really only need to take what metal in in the way of pushing the pin through, and if your gonna put a screw in there anyhow, it may just hide the fact that, that's how you got it out. a dremel and a tiny bit would do it.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    well with mine you won't see the hole on the inside anyhow and you really only need to take what metal in in the way of pushing the pin through, and if your gonna put a screw in there anyhow, it may just hide the fact that, that's how you got it out. a dremel and a tiny bit would do it.
    The only problem I see with grinding out the back side is that, depending on how much meat you need to take off, you may have very little meat left for the set screw to hold on to.

ya, i see what ya mean. from lookin at mine it doesn't look like the pin goes through but only to it

BLUE 3- Ready

Maybe if you pulled the clip out you could some how get under the pin and push it out from there. That's provided that the pin doesn't resess into the other side of the clip hole.

Ether way there may be some access from there.

ya, i'm kind of trying that now but with no luck, don't really have the right tools.

BLUE 3- Ready

well it doesn' go all the way through, i took a 5/64 drill bit and slowly drilled on the pin and when that was gone the other part just fell out.

BLUE 3- Ready